It's been developed in association with top games artists, you’ll have intensive, hands-on training with industry-trained faculties and you’ll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you’ll get a experience of what it’s like to work in the games industry. Don't just play the game, CREATE IT !!. Do you dream of working in the games industry or even starting your own studio? This programme will give you the high-level specialized skills and understanding you’ll need. Best of all, it’s been developed in partnership with top game artists, so it will help you develop into the kind of professional the industry is looking for.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Throughout the programme, you’ll work as part of a team on high quality creative projects that will grow in size and complexity over time.
- You’ll work in an industry-style studio from day one, using the latest tools and techniques, so you’ll get a true taste of what it’s like to work in animation industry.
- You’ll have intensive, hands-on tutorials with industry-trained faculties, to help you learn specific skills and industry knowledge, plus regular feedback on your work from practicing animation practitioners. Our faculties are all top industry professionals, so you’ll be taught by the best in the business. They know how to turn your passion for animation into a practical, studio-ready skillset.
- We’ll also help you to create a professional portfolio of work to show employers, developed with advice and feedback from your faculties, mentors and industry professionals.
This course is just the thing for you if
- you want to become a Game Artist - the course has been designed from the ground up with input from studios in console development through to mobile games to ensure that the creative skills learned by students are aligned to industry standards.
- you want to be immersed in artistically and technically challenging projects that mirror industry practice with real art briefs contributed by games studios.
- you want to explore art direction, use the most sophisticated industry software and create work to deadlines, just as you would in the workplace.
- you want to focus on practical work - this course will provide a games artist all they need to enter the exciting world of game development.
WHY CSTOP ANIMATION ACADEMY?
- Learn from best in the industry professionals and experienced industry-focused faculties; our faculties have not only been behind some of the best new talent in their field, but have an impressive range of achievements from their time practicing what they teach
- State-of- the-art, studio-style facilities in a beautiful city of Mysore
- Get help and advice on your CV, showreel and job applications
- Our small class sizes make sure that we deliver a personalised, student-led approach to learning
All our Cstop animation academy diploma students study common curriculum in their first year. This will, help to give you the all-round skills you’ll need to start your journey to becoming a professional.
This curriculum presents students with a studio-relevant challenge in their first year of studying at Cstop animation academy, providing a real understanding of team collaboration throughout the creative process. The curriculum requires students to respond to creative project briefs as part of a small team - imitating the professional setup found in industry. The success of the team is dependent on realizing a shared vision even as making the most of the individual strengths of each member. Each team will work towards a controlled approach in their planning and resourcing to ensure that they effectively deliver the project, at the same time as still being on time and on budget. This module demonstrates how each individual student can make a genuine contribution to a professional team in a creative environment.
This curriculum is the opportunity for students to develop a hands-on understanding of different industry-relevant styles of visual representation. There is a learning focus within three key areas: communicating ideas and concepts in visual forms, the meaning behind an image in context and the way light behaves and interacts with surfaces. By the end of the curriculum, successful students will benefit from an vital knowledge of key concepts of working in the creative sector, including the study of visual conventions and narratives, the development of traditional creative skills such as drawing and the analysis of visual material of aesthetic value and communication content.
Animation for video games
This curriculum allows students to get a hold with the basics of developing assets for use in video games - boosting students from zero experience to a individual artist where artistic talents can be used to create video game content. Students will be given intensive projects which will test, teach and improve their skill to use the latest 3D software and techniques, including: modelling, texturing and lighting basic assets for a modern game engine. The two main outcomes that students can anticipate from this studying curriculum is a developed understanding of producing game assets for the mobile platform and a grounding in the basics of game art for students to make educated decisions in directing their career journeys.
Animation for film making
This curriculum reveals a contemporary understanding following the Twelve Principles of Animation- providing students with an summary of theory and practice relating to the creation of animation in a wide range of computer graphics. Students get hands-on with the latest software and techniques surrounding animation principles, movement and film making. The main purpose of this curriculum is to provide an exceptional range of transferable skills for use in a professional animation environment. A range of industry-standard 3D and 2D animation techniques will be covered together with animation mechanics that includes locomotion, flexibility and weight. Students that start with a limited understanding of animation will finish with the ability to engage with the challenges of contemporary animation.
This curriculum brings in the theory and role of Compositing in VFX production and where it sits within the overall creative industries. The content of the curriculum offers students with the chance to realize the fundamentals of layering multiple image elements in an professional workflow. The industry-aligned projects provide the students a chance to study compositing, colour correction and keying and much more with the latest software and techniques.
Successful students will start to understand Compositing in the same light as studio professionals. Moving forward, students will be able to place the role of Compositing alongside their wider understanding of visual effects.
Applicants are normally expected to pass secondary school exams or equivalent. We’re looking for passionate and committed students and encourage applications from students with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We give equal value applicants of all backgrounds and experience. We’re looking for students with lots of ability and a real passion for their subject.